Now you’ve identified that you need new workwear for your employees, it’s time to go about ordering it in. However, there are many pitfalls to avoid. Here are 10 of the biggest mistakes that you should steer clear of.
1. Don’t make the mistake of losing sight of your objectives. You’ve obviously made the decision to buy new workwear for a reason, whether it’s safety-based or appearance-led, so keep that in mind throughout the process.
2. Don’t forget about the special requirements your employees may require from the clothing. This may relate to additional safety features.
3. Some staff work indoors, some outdoors and others will have a role that involves both, so don’t forget to make sure they have the appropriate clothing for the conditions they spend their time in.
4. One of the biggest mistakes companies make is not asking employees at the beginning. They do the work and they know better than most what type of clothing they need.
5. Don’t forget the smaller things, like extra or large pockets, high-visibility clothing, or fingerless gloves.
6. Don’t overlook quality. Cheap items may save you some pennies now, but what happens when they don’t last? Durable clothing is the key.
7. Don’t forget to have company information embroidered or printed onto the clothing. This is a chance to shout about your company, so don’t waste it.
8. Don’t forget the importance of your staff looking professional. If your staff look good, even in practical work items, then they’ll make a better first impression with customers.
9. Don’t stray from your branding. If you have a corporate ID, then you may also have corporate colours, so these should be incorporated. Also, if your brand is all about fun, make sure the clothing embraces that.
10. One thing that’s commonly overlooked is to offer employees a choice. By giving them the chance to choose between a couple of items or colours, you may get them more enthused about wearing it.
Now you have a better idea of what workwear you need, why not start browsing through corporate and promotional clothing online?