Today the business world runs at a hectic, frantic pace. If you don’t feel like you’re bringing your “A” game to your work, your confidence can suffer. Lack of confidence in business shows its nasty, ugly head in a whole myriad of ways, including: sleepless nights, shortness of temper, loss of patience, confusion, and a nagging anxiety telling you that something just is not right.
Well, there is good news if you’re willing to try a few new things, while having a little fun in the process. First of all let me preempt any emails by saying that if you have chronic, debilitating anxiety, you should check with your doctor to see what the best course of action may be. But if you’re like most people, dealing with basic business worries can be effectively conquered with the following 5 steps:
1. Learn from the big boys: I’m very fortunate to have a membership to John Assaraf’s (of “The Secret” fame) One Coach program. This is a fairly new, online, business coaching and mentoring program. What makes this program so effective is that John Assaraf and his partner, Murray Smith, are fairly accessible (via weekly phone teleconferences), and you can ask your business questions directly to these incredible business minds. You also have the capability to mind-meld with other business professionals via One Coach’s website forums and discussion groups. This is not a cheap program – but if you’re feeling like a guppy in a sea of sharks, you just may need to swim with a different kind of fish.
2. Use Affirmations, and not of the mamby-pamby variety! OK, we’ve all heard that repetitively stating affirmations over and over again can have a positive effect on not only your mood in general, but also your ability to manifest the things you want into your life. Well, believe it! Being an advocate of affirmations for many years, I can tell you wholeheartedly that this is an incredible tool towards building back your confidence, and success.
Your brain is a very sophisticated computer, of sorts, and when repetitive thoughts (good or bad) show up on a regular basis, the results are manifested by actual hardware changes to the landscape of your brain. The vast array of neurons and synapses actually rewire themselves to accommodate the way you are thinking. An accumulation of those negative, anxious thoughts, over time, can snowball into a perceived “reality” that in truth, may be totally unrealistic.Finding the right affirmations for you (and your situation) is the first and most important step. If you’re coming up dry deciding what affirmations to use, try looking at the affirmations others use on a daily basis.
Personally, I use a combination of my own affirmations and a mixture of those by other successful people. In fact, John Assaraf, also a big affirmations’ advocate, has several terrific lists that I’m fond of. If you would like to get a hold of my daily affirmations, get in touch with me and I’ll provide them to you. Now here’s the important part: why not quadruple the effectiveness of saying your affirmations for 20 minutes once or twice a day, to actually listening to your affirmations -which are spoken in your own words? I’ve gone so far as to add a soft underscore of inspirational music to these affirmations. Have your affirmations repeat on a loop three or four times (for about 20 minutes); upload them to your iPod or any mp3 player and you’re good to go! Now, unless your using a computer built in the Stone Age, you probably have access to some rudimentary audio recording software. You can make this a fun, creative project.
But if you are not a techie-type, or you don’t have the time for this sort of thing, find yourself a computer-savvy person who can help you with the recording of your own audio affirmations tracks. I’ve found that the result of listening to my own voice affirmations is like listening to my own thoughts. It really is nothing short of life altering! For all those neurons and synapses to start rewiring themselves, you need to practice your affirmations’ process for 20 minutes twice a day, for at least 30 days. Then, in a month, you’ll see a different, more confident person staring back at you in the mirror.
3. Achieve a higher level of physical fitness. The more exercise you do the more stress you are relieving yourself from. Don’t worry so much about competing with the exercise jocks at your gym (do they ever go home?), or the tireless joggers you pass on the street (while you’re driving). I find these people, for the most part, have an enormous amount of time to dedicate to their body – good for them. I don’t, and most likely you don’t either, live and work in a world where you can dedicate two or three hours a day to exercising. But what you can do is take a good look at the time you can dedicate to it, and develop the most effective fitness plan possible for that amount of time.
If there was one particular time in your life where you were “the most fit,” see if you can achieve that level again, or at least get as close as you can, considering your current age and weight. Personally, I find the “gut” factor is the number one confidence influence. It’s just one more insult to our sense of well being when we have a doughboy pouch in front of us. If you can squeeze in an hour of exercise a day, give an extra amount of time to crunches. And surprisingly, plain old walking is a fantastic gut buster – do a lot of that too.
4. Surround yourself with the good. This may sound a bit corny, but it’s really important for maintaining a healthy, happy mental state. I’m taking it for granted that you are already going to be following step 2 above, and religiously do your affirmations. Positivity also ties into the whole mindset as well. Take some time and look at what your “inputting’ into that brain of yours. If you’re at a point in your life where confidence is an issue, you’ll want to keep negativity to a minimum.
A few years back I had had a few business setbacks (low confidence) and decided to go see a movie with my wife. We saw Cinderella Man, with Russell Crow, about a down-and-out boxer during the depression era of the 1930’s. Where I had thought this movie was about never giving up and overcoming personal diversity (and it was that), so much of the movie was totally depressing – it’s tuff to watch a whole family dine on one slice of fried bologna. The point is, take a look at what brings you up and what brings you down. This includes the movies you watch, the evening news (don’t get me started on that), newspapers, and the people you hang around with (stay away from the complainers and doomsday mongers). Again, your brain is a highly advanced computer; carefully watch how you program it.
5. You have a new vocabulary, starting right now. During the next few weeks I’d like you to be highly conscious of how you talk. If you are the type of person who likes to use ‘colorful’ language to make your point, take a break from it for a while. What you’ll find is that tough language has a lingering effect, almost like an invisible bad stench. Doing this one action alone will raise your consciousness level significantly. Next, ensure your speech is “lofty.” By this I mean it has a higher, upbeat characteristic. No more gossip, ever! When describing something, talk well of it. When talking about your competitors, show them some respect, perhaps even admiration for playing the game so well. And always talk about your own business, and life in general for that matter, with positive optimism. We believe what we hear, even if it’s ourselves talking!
Well, there you have it. These five steps are powerful, mind-altering business confidence boosters. Any one of them will garner great, lasting effects – practicing all five you will be unstoppable!
Copyright 2007, Avenstar Enterprises, Inc. / Zen Fireflies
Start making your business more profitable with the use of Video Production. See what Mark can do for you at http://www.avenstar.net Visit ZamZuu Here
Learn How Your Can Start Your Own E-Commerce Store For Next To Nothing and Make THousands Monthly Using Our Proven Secrets!
Second: Sign Up For More Information From ZamZuu
We will show you exactly how you can start your e-commerce store and begin making profits online in as little as 7 days!
Now Pay Close Attention —
Making money online with e-commerce is simpler than you’ve been told. Everyone faces the same two problems:
[Problem #1] How To Get Your Online Store Started
[Problem #2] How To Bring Traffic To Your Store To Produce Sales
ZamZuu has been solving these two problems for thousands of people! ZamZuu has been tried and tested and known to produce excellent results.