We have often heard of people keeping dogs and cats as pets. These are some of the most common animals you’d often see in every household. Have you ever seen anyone keeping chickens as pets at home? I certainly haven’t as I have only read stories about or rather seen chicken being raised on farms.
Well, there are people who as a hobby raise hens at home. Talking about raising them at home, where do they sleep or even lay their eggs peacefully? These people have made ideal chicken coops for their pets. The coops are well known all over the world and are easily accessible in the market.
If you want to raise hens as your pets at home, then you will have to think of making comfortable chicken coops for them. People often look at the look of the home and forget about the design. The design is as important as the appearance. Therefore when it comes to choosing a design, there are a couple of things that you have to take into consideration.
* Study the place: Before you begin building your coop, you have to study the place where you plan to build it. Are you living in a busy urban area or in the hills? If you do, then it will only determine what kind of chicken home design you need and whether it has to be movable or fixed in one place.
* Decide what your chicken requirements are: Despite what kind of backyard coop toy want to build, you have to make sure the design offers sufficient shelter, comfort and cleanliness for your chickens. They will be spending a lot of their time in their new home. The coop has to be safe and secure. You have the option of buying a readymade coop but it is better to craft one yourself.
* Selecting the right design: when it comes to choosing the ideal plans, you have to think of the number of chickens you want to keep. If you want to have 2-3 chickens, then a small portable home will be enough. Once you have decided on the size, you will have to make sure the design match up to your needs.
* Where do you want to keep your coop: A lot of us don’t really know where we want to place the coop. You have to make sure the area you place the home gets direct sunlight.
* The lumber you need in designing the home: People often ignore this fact but the cost of lumber will make up for your building expenses.
After looking at the above mentioned, you have to make sure the coops are spacious for your pets to move around in. If you need any sort of information about the homes, you can get in touch with the experts at Cocoon. For more information, visit: https://www.chickencoopsandhouses.co.uk
ASHRAE SoCal May 2nd Meeting
ASHRAE Southern California May 2nd General Meeting Theme: Student Night *** We need student sponsors for this event. We expect 40-50 students to attend. Please help the students by sponsoring a dinner! *** 5:30: Social Hour6:40: Announcements & Dinner7:00: Main Program8:45: Raffle & Adjourn Location: TAIX French Restaurant 1911 W Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90026 Dinner Choices: Chicken Marsala, Slow Roast Pork Loin, Pasta Monegasque Presentation Topic: Student Project Presentations Cal Poly San Louis Obispo ASHRAE Chapter Cal Poly Pomona ASHRAE Chapter