Coffee is Good For You!

Isn’t that fantastic news? For so long, Java has been getting a bad rap with negative publicity, but it turns out that none of those things have proven true, and coffee is once again good for you! This is a serious relief, especially since I am all about my coffee addiction, and it makes it that much more guilt-free for me to be able to enjoy my cuppa Joe in the morning.

There is a long list developing of all of the health benefits that your coffee can offer you, and among those are a lowered risk of liver cancer, diabetes, cirrhosis of the liver, and Parkinson’s disease. Furthermore, when you really take the time to look at what exactly goes into a cup of Joe, you may be surprised. Coffee itself is full of so many different components, with only 2% of them being caffeine. When you do the math, that leaves you with 98% of other bioactive ingredients that can make a dramatic difference in the way that Java affects your health for the better.

Drinkers do need to be careful about how much caffeine they are in taking since it can often lead to anxiety and insomnia if it is too excessive, but around 300 mg of caffeine per day is recommended. This is translated as 2 to 3 cups per day, but it is important to look at how much caffeine content you are consuming since cup sizes can vary from many different coffee house chains.

Relating to diabetes, studies have shown that coffee drinkers do lower their risk for type II diabetes almost by half. This does include both regular and decaf coffee drinkers. The reason behind this is because coffee does contain chlorogenic acid, which slows the absorption of glucose into the intestines. This prevents the risk of diabetes because excess sugar found in the bloodstream is one of the main contributions to diabetes. Furthermore, chlorogenic acid has the potential to stimulate a chemical that will boost insulin, which helps move sugar through the bloodstream, and is something that is completely necessary to prevent diabetes.

When it comes to Java protection from cancer, one thing that you can look forward to is a lowered risk of liver cancer when you are a regular coffee drinker. There is also slight evidence that Java consumption can lower the risk of colon cancer. Another great benefit of being a coffee drinker is a reduced risk for Parkinson’s disease, and this is specifically because caffeine works to protect and prevent this neurological disease. This is especially prevalent in protecting men, and it also works to shield women from this disease, but only if they are not using supplements like post-menopausal hormones.

Can you believe it? All of the benefits of Java are becoming greater and greater, which is fantastic when you think how you are finally being rewarded for drinking such a delicious beverage on a daily basis. This is the precise reason that you should feel even happier to fill up your cup of Joe today, and drink to your health!