You may be one of the very small minority of people who are satisfied with their weight. However, weight loss still may be needed especially if you are above a certain age. Remember that nearly 2 out of 3 Americans are overweight or obese. There are a number of reasons why you should consider weight loss, even if you do not feel uncomfortable with the few extra pounds.
First and foremost, if you are overweight, you suffer the risk of a number of diseases. The main health risks you will probably experience are heart disease, stroke and high blood pressure. Heart disease and stroke are one of the primary killers in both men and women in the US. People who are overweight have a higher risk to have high levels of cholesterol in their blood stream as well as triglycerides (also known as blood fat).
Weight loss prevents type 2 diabetes.
Weight loss reduces the pain of osteoarthritis. When one weighs heavily, the joints of the knees, hips and lower back have to exert far more in carrying him or her. This causes tension and stress on these joints. Weight loss decreases the load these joints have to carry thereby decreasing – if not eliminating – the pain of osteoarthritis.
Beyond the health world, being overweight can also affect your daily and social life. You may find it difficult to purchase clothing in your size or you may find that the clothing that does come in larger sizes is more expensive. Your social life also suffers since your excess weight may embarrass you and you may start living as a recluse. Therefore, losing weight is always a healthy and smart option, until you reach a normal weight. Once you reach normal weight, your body looks and feels younger, you are full of vitality, your longevity increases and you are in a position to lead a better life. Can you tell me of any individual who will not want to feel and look better?
If you are battling with excess weight then you must have realized that losing the pounds can be both difficult and frustrating. Hence, I am offering some suggestions that can make weight loss a lot easier.
1. Jot down whatever you eat and drink and their approximate quantity. There is no need to estimate calories. You will soon realize that simple awareness of what you are eating helps you to plan healthy meals and snacks.
2. Reduce your daily average intake of all pure or added fats by at least half.
3. Restrict items containing sugar like chocolate, ice cream, desserts, cake, pastries, cookies, etc to three times per week.
4. Include in your meals such sources of protein at most meals which have less fat e.g. chicken, fish, beans, cottage cheese, or low fat yogurt. You may take eggs, nuts and red meat only occasionally.
5. Try to have at least one lunch and dinner every week without meat or cheese. Make those meals around whole grains, vegetables and beans to increase fiber and reduce fat.
6. Shift to skimmed/low fat milk and milk products.
7. Have at least two servings of seasonal fruit every day as substitute for dessert or snacks and at least two servings of vegetables at lunch and dinner.
8. Keep yourself to water instead of sodas, juices, milky drinks or alcohol or even diet soda. Hot water with a slice of lemon can be very refreshing in the morning and also helps in reducing weight.
9. Eat slowly since the body takes time to register when you are full. If you eat very fast, you will end up eating too much. And always switch off the TV when you eat which again may cause overeating since you will get distracted by the TV.
10.Eat whole grains whose fiber will give you a fuller feeling and also help your digestion. Also choose food that you can chew. Again this will increase your fiber intake, and the act of chewing will make you feel more satisfied too.
The above information may help you in reducing your weight gradually. But such dietary restrictions are easier to preach to others than practice. And when you relax the restrictions, chances are that you will again get overweight and pretty rapidly too. So what is the long-term solution?
⭐ Value games at: http://www.g2a.com/r/trump
WATCH MORE HEARTHSTONE!
• Highlights: http://bit.ly/TrumpHighlights
• Constructed: http://bit.ly/TrumpMoreStandard
• Arena: http://bit.ly/TrumpMoreArena
• Tavern brawl: http://bit.ly/TrumpMoreBrawl
• Tournaments: http://bit.ly/TrumpTournament
• Deck teachings: http://bit.ly/TrumpTeach1
• Basic teachings: http://bit.ly/TrumpTeach2
💗 Subscribe: http://bit.ly/ValueTown
💗 Twitch: http://twitch.tv/trumpsc
💗 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trumpsc
💗 Twitter: https://twitter.com/trumpsc
♫ Hydra Music:
NeOH! – Homeward: https://youtu.be/sdZVNTrzj8s
‣ Edited by: jnZaneHD
‣ Contact: [email protected]