Moms want to crawl to their beds after a busy day. Who wants to hit the bathroom before they hit the sheets? For healthy looking skin, you want to. But, getting ready for bed doesn’t have to be a chore with these easy to follow tips.
Throughout the day, your skin is faced with many different situations. You have the dirt and dust from everyday life clinging to you. Sweat, tears, kisses and other things touch your face.
The evidence may not be readily visible to the naked eye, but it is there. Not washing your face, means a big job to wake up to in the morning. Besides, who wants to go to sleep with a shell of daily grime covering their face?
1. Apply a makeup remover. Using a cotton ball, sweep across your face to remove all traces of makeup. Even mineral makeup should be removed so that you don’t have a buildup on your skin.
2. Use a facial mask. A mask acts as an astringent to pull the dirt from your pores. It prevents blackhead from forming in the first place. A night mask can be applied first while you go about other nighttime activities like brushing your teeth.
3. Brush your hair. Hair gets tangled during the day. A nightly brushing removes those kinks and also stimulates the hair follicles. Start at the root (scalp) and brush to the ends. Shed hair is removed in the brush and your head gets a soothing massage. If your arms are tired, ask one of your kids to brush your hair. They love stuff like that especially the girls.
4. Apply a night cream to your face. Night cream moisturizes and protects your face during the night. Rubbing your cheeks on the pillow as you sleep can irritate your skin and lead to dryness if you don’t apply any type of moisturizer after cleansing.
5. Apply a thin film of petroleum jelly to your lips, hands and feet. Hands and feet get dry at night especially Ii you take a shower before bed. If you put on socks after applying the petroleum jelly, the skin on your feet will soften which is quite important for hard working feet. It is like a mini spa treatment. Moisturizing your hands is just as important to prevent wrinkles and cracking. The same goes for lips. They stay moist throughout the night when a layer of protection is applied.
Maybe you want to just hit the sheets but you’ll feel better as you lay your head down if you observe a bedtime beauty regimen. Once you get used to it, you’ll see that it really takes no time at all to get ready for a night of unbroken rest for you and your skin.
7 Great Tips for Building Your Facebook Business by Facebook Strategist Amy Porterfield