Popularly recognized as the ‘Pearl of the Orient’, Goa is positioned on west coast of India as soon as used to a Portuguese colony. It is one particular of the sought soon after tourist destinations with its exotic picturesque sea beaches, churches, temples, lakes, waterfalls. Goa also has a vibrant nightlife that adds to its charm. Offered beneath are some of the common tourist attractions included in Goa honeymoon packages.
Places of Interest
1. Fort Aguada – Built in 1612 Fort Aguada was constructed to prevent old Goa from enemy attacks. 22kms away from Berdez the Fort has the first ever lighthouse in Asia. There are some intriguing ammunition rooms and barracks inside the fort.
2. Anjuna Beach – Positioned 16kms from Berdez Anjuna beach is famous for its nightlife providing some remarkable discotheques, pubs and nighclubs. Christmas and New Year are the festivals celebrated here with considerably pomp and grandeur. It has a rocky beach with boulders all more than offering adventure sports like parasailing, yachting and windsurfing.
3. Baga Beach – Baga beach lies in between Candolim beach and the Calangute beach. It is smaller sized and cleaner than the other sea beaches in Goa and a favourite place of the foreign tourists. There are plenty of shacks across the beach providing some wonderful music along with mouth watering Goan delicacies. Visitors can enjoy right here Wind Surfing among January and March.
4. Calangute – 17kms from Berdez is located Calangute beach the first beach to inculcate the hippie culture in the 60’s and 70’s. The hippies made their way out gradually as the mainstream vacationers began flocking to Goa. Apart from offering some excellent adventure sports activities this beach is also popular for rave parties.
5. Basilica De Bom Jesus – A single of the most well-known tourist attractions this church was constructed in 1605 and preserves the tomb and mortal remains of St Francis Xavier regarded by the Catholics as 1 of the patron saints of Goa. It is surprising that the body is nevertheless in extremely good condition even soon after 400 years. It is taken out for public viewing after in each decade. It was last taken out for show in 2004. The Basilica has Portuguese style architecture.
six. Ancestral Goa Museum/ Large Foot – Situated 10kms from Margao is the Ancestral Goa Museum also popularly recognized as Large Foot. It is an open-air museum-cum-parkland spread more than an location of 9 acres. The massive life size statues and structures depicting culture and tradition of 200 years old rural Goa are worth seeing.
7. Chapora Fort – Positioned at a distance of 12kms from Goa is the Chapora Fort which is easily reachable from Vagator over the hill top to the fort. The Hollywood blockbuster movie ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ was also shot at this location.
Therefore we can conclude that visiting the above pointed out sightseeing places will be an enjoyable and delightful encounter for honeymooners.