Doing abdominal exercises is not the only thing that is needed to maintain good health and to lose belly fat. It is essential to have the right kind of diet in order to lose stomach fat and to get six pack abs.
However, when starting a new habit such as healthy dieting, oftentimes we find ourselves unable to continue what we have started. The grocery stores near our homes are filled with packages of corn chips, milk chocolates and sodas. We smell the fresh aroma of grilled burgers at the nearby stand. Two blocks away from our homes are our favorite fried chicken fast-food chain. Even if you do regular abdominal exercises such as standing abdominal exercises and lower abdominal exercises, you can’t lose lower belly fat if you continue to eat unhealthy foods. Therefore, it needs discipline to avoid such kinds of foods; nevertheless, your desire for these foodstuffs becomes lesser if you train yourself to eat healthy meals.
The first thing that you should do in order to start your healthy diet habit is to buy healthy foods for your own consumption at your home. Having lots of stored food will help you trim down the habit of going to your favorite grocery stores regularly to buy chocolates, corn chips, and other junk. On the other hand, if you store such foodstuffs in your dining room, the tendency is to eat them during snack time, during your belly fat exercises, as well when you are watching television or video shows.
Hence, load your fridge with good food, such as described below:
1. Fresh vegetables. Do you know that fresh vegetables not only make good meals but also delicious snacks? Stock lots of green, leafy veggies and other spices in your fridge, especially during the winter months. Aside from your usual favorites such as eggplant, cabbages, carrots, beets, and tomatoes, there are good examples of these that spice up your meals: spinach, onions, red peppers, broccoli, zucchini, and lettuce. These veggies make great salads that you can enjoy, especially after doing your lower abdominal exercises. To be sure that these are totally pesticide-free, make sure that the products you buy are grown organically. Organic grown veggie growers use only natural pesticides and fertilizers. You can find the captions such as “organically-grown”, “from organic farms”, “pesticide-free”, or “no chemical residue” on the labels of these products. Furthermore, government-certified agricultural produce is guaranteed to be safe for consumption. Usually, the labels of such products have the approval from the US Department of Agriculture and health agencies. This is to ensure that you are getting the right vegetables that are loaded with nutrients that will help you lose belly fat.
2. Fresh farm eggs and meats. Eggs from free-range poultry such as chicken and quail are healthier for you compared to those that are raised and fed with the usual synthetic feeds. Chick starter mash, grower mash, and egg-laying mash that are being fed in most large-scale poultry farms are absorbed the fowl’s body and becomes a residue that is found in the meat as well as their skins. These typical chicken meat and egg products are the ones that are cooked in your favorite fried chicken fast-food chains, increasing your risk of developing high cholesterol levels that can lead to having lower belly fat, and eventually heart disease. On the other hand, you can reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and cancer if you buy meat of organically-raised chickens, quails, and turkeys. Good examples are chicken or turkey sausages, chicken hotdogs, and fillet meats. These are great treats that satisfy your hunger after doing belly fat exercises. Just make sure that these products are genuine and pass government meat standards. You can find seals and stamps on the labels that are marked “FDA passed”, “USDA-Recommended”, “free-range poultry”, and “from organic farms.” As far as chicken eggs are concerned, those that come from reliable farms in the United States are safer to eat compared to imported ones.
3. Coconut milk. This product is a good source of saturated healthy fat. For your information, there are healthy saturated fats that help reduce harmful cholesterol levels in the body, and unhealthy saturated fats that build up in arteries and can cause high blood pressure as well as cardiovascular diseases. Coco milk is composed of medium chain triglycerides (MCT), specifically lauric acid, that helps reduce cholesterol in your body, and eventually helping you lose lower belly fat. Not only that, coconut milk can make your dishes tastier and creamier. You can also add it to your favorite oatmeal or yoghurt. Refreshing beverages can be made out of coco milk, when mixed with fresh coconut juice and skimmed milk to create concoctions called coco smoothies. Take a break and enjoy these goodies during your lower abdominal exercises.
4. Fresh and unprocessed nuts. Almonds, peanuts, walnuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia, pecans, and cashews are good sources of healthy fats and protein, and these help you lose stomach fat. Buy only those that are raw or baked because these products still have their nutrients intact due to less processing. Don’t buy peanuts that are cooked in oil because they can increase your body’s cholesterol levels due to heating and saturated oil content. Nuts are actually excellent substitutes for your usual snack foods such as French fries or hamburgers. These nuts are not only delicious but are also good for your health because these help you lose belly fat in conjunction with your abs workouts.
5.Cheese and other dairy products. Choose cheese and other solid dairy products that have high calcium content. Good examples of these products are cottage cheese and ricotta cheese. These can be used for your whole wheat sandwiches. On the other hand, you can also add chopped nuts and berries on your yoghurt, making it a healthy and delicious beverage that you can enjoy after doing your abdominal exercises, particularly standing abdominal exercises and lower abdominal exercises.
6.Whole flax and chia seeds. Edible seed products are healthy because they are rich in fiber as well as omega-3, the healthy oils that help lower body cholesterol levels. These seeds can also be added to your favorite yoghurt or salads in order to help you lose belly fat. Since seed products such as flax are prone to oxidation when exposed opened or exposed to heat, it is wise to buy fresh flax and grind them at home in order to retain its nutrients.
7.Butter products. Butter is healthier compared to margarine because it is rich in medium chain triglycerides. Choose only butter products that come from known reliable sources such as New Zealand. On the other hand, butter products that are made from nuts are also good in helping you get rid of harmful cholesterol. Peanut butter, as well as other least-known butter products such as almonds, sesame seeds, and cashew, makes an excellent dash for your whole-wheat bread. These goodies help replenish your body’s nutrients after your lower abdominal exercises.
8.Avocados. These exotic fruits have high fiber and healthy-fat content, as well as nutrients. They are usually eaten raw, but the most delicious servings are avocado smoothies and shakes. Just add skimmed milk and some brown sugar to make an avocado puree. This is the perfect treat in satisfying your taste buds after your abs workouts.
9.Salsa. Salsas are not only tasty but are also nutritious. Several salsa preparations can be made by using your creativity.
When you are preparing snacks or meals, always use healthy products.
Below are good examples of nutritious food servings:
1.Salad servings. Reinvent your favorite leaf lettuce and spinach salad with a healthy twist. Mayonnaise is actually not good to be used as an ingredient for your salads because it has high unhealthy saturated fat content and contributes to having lower belly fat. However, instead of using mayonnaise, you can make your homemade salad dressing by combining the following ingredients: extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and Udo’s Choice oil blend. Choose only healthy ingredients such as organic fresh farm eggs, organically grown lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots; high-quality cheeses, and homemade vegetable sauces. Making these veggies a part of your diet will help you lose belly fat.
2.Baked goodies. Baked products are actually good for your health if you use low-calorie and high-fiber ingredients only. An excellent idea is to use wheat germ flour instead of white flour, and adding rice bran to the dough. Raisins, as well as chopped almonds and peanuts, can also make these bread a delicious treat, especially after doing your intense abs workouts. When buying baked products, avoid white bread and choose only whole-grain bread instead. Use only peanut butter as well as products that have no unhealthy saturated fat content. Together with proper exercise and sufficient sleep, you can get six pack abs.
Most freezers in households are filled with unhealthy saturated fat content. Their harmful effects to the body are even more prevalent because these fats are frozen with the meat. Not only that, most foodstuffs that we often find in home freezers are made up of highly processed and chemical-laden ingredients.
However, you can select excellent examples of frozen foods, such as described below:
1. Frozen berries. Instead of stocking up your freezer with unhealthy desserts such as commercial ice cream, you can store delicious berries for you and your family’s enjoyment. Raspberries, strawberries, cherries, blueberries, blackberries are known favorites. These berries are not only eaten raw, but can also be used to top your favorite desserts such as your avocado or banana smoothies.
2.Frozen chicken breasts. Unlike drumsticks and chicken wings, chicken breasts have less unhealthy saturated fats because its preparation requires most of the skin to be removed. Chicken breasts are also tender to slice compared to other chicken parts. Hence, it is a good ingredient when serving chicken sandwiches.
3.Frozen fish. Choose fish that have high omega-3 content such as tuna, mackerel, salmon, herring, and trout. These make nice ingredients for fillets and homemade sardines. Eating this healthy fish dishes and doing regular abdominal exercises such as standing abdominal exercises and lower abdominal exercises can help you lose that lower belly fat and get six pack abs.
4.Frozen vegetables. Freezing actually preserves the nutrient content of veggies; thus making them richer compared to fresh produce. The latter often losses its natural vitamins and minerals due to oxidation and heat. Stocking your freezer with these veggies especially during winter can make you and your family’s holiday cuisine treats a healthier one.
5.Frozen beef from free-range cattle. As far as beef is concerned, the ones that are from free-range or grass-fed cows are healthier compared to those that are from typical large-scale cattle farms. Why? It is because livestock that are raised in grasslands derive their nutrients directly from grass. Hence, the meat from these animals typically has high omega-3 fatty acid and linoleic acid levels compared to grain-fed cows. On the other hand, cattle that are raised in cow pens are constantly given synthetic antibiotics and grower mashes; consuming their usual chemical-saturated meat is harmful to your health.
6.Frozen exotic meats. These meat products are actually considered one of the healthiest in the world today. Examples of these products are buffalo, ostrich, and venison. The meat from these animals has less fat and more fiber. This is the reason why indigenous tribes who eat these meats have very healthy bodies. It is very possible to get six pack abs when you regularly eat exotic meats and do ab workouts.
Nevertheless, check the label of these products for government approval, to ensure that proper procedures are made by the processing companies, and that they follow wildlife and environmental laws.
Crimes of the Heart Production
Show Dates: May 5, 6, 12, 13, 18, 19 & 20
Show Time: 7-10:30pm
Crimes of the Heart by Beth Henley
THE STORY: The scene is Hazlehurst, Mississippi, where the three Magrath sisters have gathered to await news of the family patriarch, their grandfather, who is living out his last hours in the local hospital. Lenny, the oldest sister, is unmarried at thirty and facing diminishing marital prospects; Meg, the middle sister, who quickly outgrew Hazlehurst, is back after a failed singing career on the West Coast; while Babe, the youngest, is out on bail after having shot her husband in the stomach. Their troubles, grave and yet, somehow, hilarious, are highlighted by their priggish cousin, Chick, and by the awkward young lawyer who tries to keep Babe out of jail while helpless not to fall in love with her.
Dinner Theatre Menu
Mixed Garden Salad with Ranch/Italian/Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
Tortellini with Vodka Blush Sauce
String Bean Medley
Steamed Seasonal Vegetable Mix
Herb Roasted Chicken
Carved Top Round with Red Wine Demi