The Joomla community has recently launched Joomla 3.0.0, an updated version of the content management system, which comes with upgraded features and enhanced functionalities. With the follow up version, Joomla 3.0.1, still struggling with security fixes, Joomla 3.0 is definitely the current hot favorite of Joomla programmers. If you haven’t explored this latest Joomla upgrade as of now, this post will help you take the tour. Here are some compelling feature upgrades that will force you to get over Joomla 2.5 and get going with Joomla 3.0.0
1. 7 Step Installation Vs. Quick 3 Step Process: The installation process in Joomla 3.0 is much more simplified as compared to Joomla 2.5. Instead of the long and time consuming 7 step installation procedure, Joomla 3.0.0 showcases a 3 step installation process. This has cut short the entire installation time to less than a minute. Furthermore, you get the option of saving the installation setting for later use by sending it to your email. 2. Responsiveness vs. Non-Responsiveness: This upgraded version of Joomla is more responsive as compared to its earlier counterpart. The best part is that it is mobile ready. With the use of Bootstrap, both front-end as well as back-end have tweaks of built-in responsive features. This means, you can now use your Joomla websites when you are ‘on-the-go’.
3. Polished Article Manager vs. Bland Article Manager: A sharp change has been witnessed in the look, feel and functionality of the back-end features, especially the article manager. The filtering system has been organized in a better manner with advanced options available for use. Moreover, the icons have also been presented in a defined layout.
4. Chick Admin Template vs. Passé Admin Template: The new administrator panel of Joomla 3.0.0 is named after the beautiful Egyptian goddess, Isis. Isis has been designed using Bootstrap grid layout and thus is more responsive as compared to the Bluestorck template used in Joomla 2.5.
6. With Joomla User Interface vs. Without Joomla User Interface: This one is of special mention for Joomla programmers. Joomla 3.0 comes with Joomla User Interface or JUI, which proves to be an added advantage for extension developers. JUI comes with an in-built set of common tools that enable developers to use commonly shared elements. This considerably reduces the coding time as developers get access to a clean interface without having to develop their own library from scratch. Furthermore, this gives an extra fast loading speed to the websites powered by Joomla 3.0.0.
7. With Bootstrap vs. Without Bootstrap: Bootstrap is probably the biggest addition that has helped Joomla 3.0 become the buzzword in the development arena. This powerful and intuitive front-end framework aims at providing a better UX for the Joomla 3.0 end-user.
Joomla 3.0 definitely has an edge over its preceding versions. If you are planning to hire Joomla developers to develop your own Joomla portal, it is best to utilize Joomla 3.0 in your development venture.
Barcelona Guitar Tr*o – Palau de la M*sica
Tres guitarristas de gran prestigio internacional fusionan el sonido de las guitarras espa*ola y flamenca para ofrecer un espect*culo inolvidable. *Reg*lale un*gran placer a tus o*dos en el Palau de la M*sica!
Siente su pasi*n en el escenario y escucha*a compositores como Falla, Lorca, Chick Corea o*Paco de Luc*a en el marco del Palau de la M*sica Catalana, uno de los auditorios m*s importantes del mundo y joya del modernismo catal*n. *Vive una experiencia *nica gracias al Barcelona Guitar Tr*o!
Barcelona Guitar Tr*o: Manuel Gonz*lez, Xavier Coll y Luis Robisco
Percusi*n: Paquito Escudero