Having rough patches of skin on some of your body parts could be an unpleasant experience. Although these rough patches of skin caused by keratosis pilaris are not harmful, you might find the need to do something to get rid of it. Keratosis pilaris is a genetic skin condition that is brought about by keratinization. This simply means that the protein or keratin that is metabolized by the body and finds its way into the skin’s inner layers form keratin plugs that hamper the hair follicle’s way through the pores. When the pores are clogged, it results in folliculocentric keratotic papules. In ordinary language, these papules are referred to as chicken bumps or goose bumps. These are not contagious or medically dangerous. No other complications have been found to be caused by these papules. In fact, the appearance of these papules is often observed to dissipate through the years beyond adolescence. In some rare cases, these papules reappear later on in life but are nothing more but unsightly or unpleasant skin texture.
Getting rid of chicken skin is not quick. Keratosis pilaris is a skin condition which is actually believed to disappear on its own. But, there are actually easy ways to improve the appearance of skin with keratosis pilaris. There are natural remedies for keratosis pilaris that anyone who is experiencing it could easily do in the confines of his own home. Most of these natural remedies could be made from ingredients that are available in most home pantries. These natural remedies, however, should be used for long periods of time for its effects to be markedly visible. Among these natural remedies are formulations for cleansers, exfoliants, and soaks. Here are some of the recommended remedies for keratosis pilaris:
1. Olive oil and sugar exfoliant – Mixing equal parts of olive oil and sugar can give you an effective exfoliant that you can use in order to slough off the keratin plugs as well as other dirt particles from your skin.
2. Salt and water scrub – Mixing salt with water can also be an effective exfoliating formulation. Gently scrubbing the skin with this formulation can also help clear keratosis pilaris. Be careful, though, not to scrub vigorously as this could further damage your skin.
3. Vitamin E oil soak – Adding several tablespoons of Vitamin E oil to your bath water could help seal in the moisture in your skin and improve the appearance of your keratosis pilaris. Soak in this Vitamin E oil infused bathwater for about twenty to thirty minutes. Do not bathe or shower too long as you can strip your skin off too much oil and cause more dryness and irritation.
4. Apple cider vinegar wash – In some cases, using apple cider vinegar to wash the area affected by keratosis pilaris could take the place of using lactic acid washes and creams. Sometimes, products containing lactic acid could irritate the skin. This natural wash could serve as a more effective alternative.
These are just some of the natural remedies for keratosis pilaris. Although there is no real cure for this skin condition, these natural remedies as well as others that may be recommended by dermatologists and skin doctors could serve well in trying to improve the skin’s appearance and texture.
Corks & Crawfish Festival @Haak Vineyards & Winery
Corks & Crawfish Festival @Haak Vineyards & Winery – Haak Vineyards and Winery – Sat May 6 at 11:00AM
Join us for our second Corks & Crawfish Festival. We have two great Santa Fe Venues coming together for one great festival. Pook's Crawfish Hole (http://pookscrawfishhole.com/)and Haak Winery are partnering up to put on a fun event for you.
Zydedo Ron will be performing from 11-2 pm.
The Stringbenders Band will be performing from 3-6 pm. The Stringbenders are an exciting 5-piece band (located in the Houston Gulf coast area) playing the best of classic country/Cajun/Zydeco/TexMex styles including a bit of rock n roll to provide everyone with a great evening of entertainment.
Haak Winery will be serving award winning Haak wines and Pooks will be providing the crawfish meal.
Cover Charge: Advanced Ticket Price is $5 per person. Ticket price at the door will be $7 per person. Children under 12 are free.
Purchase Tickets by clicking here
All ticket sales are final*. Advance ticket sales will end on Saturday at 5:30 pm, 5/5/17.
Crawfish Meal price: To be provided
The crawfish meal will consist of 2#'s of crawfish, 1 potato and 1 corn on the cob. Please mark your calendars on 5/6/17 from 11-6 pm.
Please Note: We do not allow outside food or drinks or pets. Please bring your own lawn chair as we expect a large crowd and our chairs will be on a first come, first serve basis. No reserved seating or holding tables will be allowed for fairness to all customers. We will not be doing tours on this day due to the festival.
Haak Winery's kitchen will be serving food for those that won't be eating crawfish.
Haak Kitchen Menu for Corks and Crawfish (for those not eating Crawfish):
Haak Burger $13
1/2 pound Black Angus beef patty, topped with cheddar cheese, lettuce, onion and pickles and served with French fries.
Haak Cheese Tray $15
An assortment of cubed cheeses, pepperoni and fresh fruit, served with honey and crackers
Nathan’s Foot Long Hot Dog with Homemade Chili Sauce $12
Foot long, grilled, all beef hotdog, topped with homemade chili sauce, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped onions. Served with French fries.
Chopped BBQ Beef Nachos $13
BBQ Beef will be served on top of tortilla chips with queso, bbq ranch, sautéed red onions, and fried pickles
Grilled Chicken Wedge Salad $11
Grilled off Cajun chicken on wedges of iceberg lettuce, blue cheese dressing, green apples, tomatoes, blue cheese crumbles, bacon, red onions and a balsamic drizzle
Fried Pickle Basket $10
Fried Pickle basket served with Sriracha Aioli
Rose’ Strawberry Fields Sangria $20 pitcher
Pink to tickle your nose Rose’ Strawberry Sangria
Sweet Tea $2 (Free Refills)
Haak Vineyards & Winery is a proud supporter of local farms. Our Chefs work hand in hand with our local farmers to create and obtain the freshest ingredients there are in Galveston County. Our menu’s may change based on local availability
* Haak Winery will refund your tickets in full for cancellations made up to 72 hours before the event. No refunds or credits will be given for a cancellation made less than 72 hours before the event. Cancellations can be made by emailing [email protected] When an event is cancelled due to inclement weather, we will contact you by email or phone and issue a full refund. If you miss an event due to weather-related concerns, our standard cancellation policy applies and no refund will be issued.
For questions, please email Leigh at [email protected]
Santa Fe TX – http://www.haakwine.com/
source categories: Wine,Community,Food
event syndication by Syndical.com
from Account: syn-haakwine