According to recent news, the Griggs County Courthouse has got a mold contamination in some portions of its interiors. The County has estimated that the mold removal and restoration work might cost around $ 1.5 million to $ 5.4 million. So, be careful! If mold formation is neglected it can spread and aggravate, and cost you a lot of money to remediate the damage. Therefore it is wiser to call for mold removal services as soon as possible.
The first step of mold removal is top stop the entry of moisture. The next step is to test the concentration of spores and fungus, and to determine the type of methodologies required for the remediation work. But, it is better to stop the growth of mold in the first place, as when it comes to molds, ‘prevention is better than cure’. Ensure – loads of sunlight and ventilation to your interiors, try to use non-porous building materials for building your house, and use various household cleaners regularly to keep the house disinfected and germs-free.
Professional mold removal methods
1.Dry ice freeze blasting
In this method, solidified carbon dioxide is forced out in the form of pressurized air stream. The stream in this case is directed towards the mold growths to kill them and remove the formations. This method is mainly used for mold removal from wood and other porous surfaces.
It is apparently a new technology in which dry chemical fog is directed towards the fungal formations to kill the mold. To perform Dry Fog, professionals need to take up certain precautionary measures to prevent physical discomforts. However, this is a far less expensive method than traditional remediation methods.
Professionals are equipped with vacuum cleaners specially created to clean mold formations and traces of water from the surfaces. There are wet vacuums to clean the moist surfaces and to make the wet surfaces nice and dry. HEPA (High Efficiency particulate Air) vacuums are also used for mold removal in some cases.
It is the method for wiping out mold from the non-porous surfaces – by scrubbing with detergent and water, and later with a disinfectant. In this procedure, the wet surface should be wiped clean of every trace of moisture.