Ten Easy Ways to Get More Twitter Followers
If you are trying to build your social media presence, having a high number of Twitter followers can help raise your profile and connect you with other interesting and like-minded people. The good news is that you do not have to be a celebrity or a self-proclaimed “social media guru” in order to get a lot of followers. Here are ten simple ways to increase your follower count:
1)Initiate conversation. Talking to people on Twitter establishes rapport with other users. Not only will they start following you, but others who are viewing the conversation may enjoy the exchange and follow as well. If you are able to get a high profile or celebrity tweeter to mention you, that is even better. Their message will go out to thousands, maybe even millions of people, many of whom will start following you. Reply to tweets that you find funny or interesting. Or if you see something that you don’t agree with, don’t be afraid to reply and get a debate going!
2)Follow people that you find interesting. Many of them will start following you back. A word of caution: Do not follow too many people in a day, Twitter will think that you are a spammer and may delete your account.
3)“Live tweet” newsworthy events. Are you going to a popular convention anytime soon? Do you plan on tuning in to the next political debate, sporting event or awards show? Giving a real-time Twitter account of the event is a great way to get people interested in what you have to say, and you will pick up many new followers.
4)Participate in Follow Friday. Use the #FollowFriday #FF tag. Many people will appreciate the gesture and might add you to their follow list as well.
5)Make it personal. People want to know that they are connecting with a real-life person. Even if you are managing a business or organization account, you want to give your tweets a personal touch. Always tweet in first person, and use a friendly, informal tone.
6)Don’t self promote too much. While it may be tempting to plug your projects constantly, you run the risk of alienating a lot of people and losing followers. Use the 80/20 rule. Spend 20 percent of your time promoting your projects and the other 80 percent having conversations and interacting with people.
7)Post your Twitter URL anywhere you spend time online. Update your Facebook page so that your Twitter address is listed on your profile. If you have a blog, installing a widget of your Twitter stream will direct your readers to your page, resulting in more followers. You can also include your Twitter URL in your email signature as a way to pick up followers.
8)Be easy to find. If people aren’t able to find your page easily, they won’t be able to follow you. Use your real name in your profile and make your profile searchable.
9)Use #hashtags whenever you can. The use of hashtags makes it easy for Twitter users to quickly search for a common subject. For example, #fem2 is a common hashtag used for tweets about feminism. Anyone who does a search for #fem2 will see other’s tweets about the subject and can reply, retweet or follow the person.
10)Retweet other’s tweets. If you see a tweet that is funny, informative or controversial, retweet it to the rest of your followers. The people you retweet will appreciate it and many of them will follow you.
If following all ten steps look overwhelming at first, try carrying out one or two methods at a time. Then you can gradually add more steps as you get the hang of it. In no time you should see an added increase in your followers.
by Eric Rice
Lone Wolf Inc SABUNG AYAM