So you want to start selling on eBay? How do you get started? Here’s what you need to do:
1. Create an eBay account. You can’t do anything on eBay unless you have an eBay account. To get started, click the register link on the eBay homepage. If you’ve ever signed up to use a website or filled out a form, you should have no problems here. Just fill in your information such as your name, address and email address, and then choose a username and password. eBay emails you about your account and then once you activate your membership, you’re ready to go.
2. Get a PayPal account. You need to get paid when you sell stuff on eBay, and the quickest and safest way is to get a PayPal account. Plus, PayPal integrates with eBay to make it even simpler. Just click the register link on the PayPal homepage. Fill in your information. If you’re serious about selling on eBay, register for a Premier account.
3. Build your feedback. Before buyers will buy from you on eBay, they want to know if they can trust you. Buying items on eBay yourself will allow you to build experience, understand how eBay works, and also get some good ratings form other sellers on eBay. Be a model customer, and you’ll get great feedback on your profile.
4. Figure out what to sell. You’ve got to sell something to make money on eBay. With the millions of possibilities, how do you choose? Well if it’s your first few items, stick close to home. Get rid of some of the clutter by putting old clothes, books or toys on sale. Find other items on eBay that are similar to yours and see if they’re selling.
5. Take your pictures. Get your digital camera ready and properly focus and frame your shot. Show your product clearly and accurately. Only take a picture of the product on its own, not with any other clutter. Don’t hide any flaws. Make sure your item can be seen, and in good lighting.
6. Make your listing. This is the trickiest part. After you click “sell” on eBay, you need to choose a category. Where does your product fit best? That’s the category it should be in. Then, write a title. Use words that specifically describe your item. Upload your pictures. After this, write a description that tells your buyer what your item is, and all the information they need to know to make a decision. Include all the relevant details. Next, select your eBay price and auction duration. Your eBay price should be somewhat in line with other eBay sellers, so check and see what they are offering. Then, choose your shipping options.
7. Ship your item and get your cash. This isn’t as hard as it seems to many beginners. Packaging is as simple as finding an appropriate container or box and putting your item inside. Shipping is something that the post office can help you with if you have trouble. If you use PayPal, then you don’t have to worry about getting your cash, it should already be in your account before you ship.
While this is a brief summary of how to sell on eBay, it should get you well on your way to creating a profitable eBay business.
For DVD video tutorials on selling on eBay, be sure to visit: http://www.powersellerpath.com