* 1 pound chicken mince
* 2 ½ cups basic red sauce, recipe follows
* 7 ½ ounce ricotta
* 1 large egg
* ½ cup grated Parmesan
* ½ pound grated Mozzarella
* ¼ teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
* ½ teaspoon dried basil
* Ground black pepper to taste
* 6 lasagna noodles
1. Start your lasagna recipe by preheating the oven to 175° C.
2. Put the chicken mince in a large pan and cook till nicely brown.
3. Add the salt and pepper. Stir in the tomato sauce and put on a simmer for 10 minutes.
4. In a separate bowl whisk in the ricotta, eggs, ¼ cup grated Parmesan, ¼ cup grated mozzarella, salt, parsley, basil and black pepper for the lasagna layers.
5. Spread some of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a lasagna baking dish.
6. Lay 2 lasagna noodles down the dish and make sure noodles should aren’t touching one another. Spoon some of the cheese mixture over the lasagna noodles and spread evenly. Sprinkle some of the mozzarella evenly over the ricotta.
7. Repeat the procedure with the remaining ingredients. Make sure the last top layers are tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese in that order for your lasagna recipe to be ultimate!
8. Cover the lasagna dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for an hour.
9. Remove the lasagna dish from the oven and remove the aluminum foil. Bake again for for around 10 minutes, till the cheese is nicely bubbling.
10. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for around 5-10 minutes before serving.
Basic Red Sauce Recipe For Lasagna:
* 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
* 1 tablespoons olive oil
* ¾ cups chopped yellow onions
* ½ teaspoon minced garlic
* ¼ teaspoon salt
* ¼ teaspoon dried basil
* ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
* Ground black pepper
* 1 can tomato sauce
* 1 ½ tablespoons tomato paste
* 1 cups water
* ½ teaspoon sugar
1. Put the tomatoes in a bowl and squeeze well to break. Keep it aside.
2. In a large pot heat the olive oil over a medium flame. Add in the onions, garlic, salt, basil, oregano and black pepper and cook, constantly stirring, until soft.
3. Add in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, sugar and reserved crushed tomatoes, stir well, bringing the lasagna sauce to a simmer.
4. Lower the flame slightly and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from the heat and use when needed.
Brunch at Katra’s
1 Hour Open Bar.. Drinks on us For the First Hour SUNDAZEIS BRUNCHDAZE @ KATRA LOUNGE 217 BOWERY BETWEEN Rivington & Stanton Street DOORS OPEN 3PM TO 9PMLIMITED FREE & REDUCED ADMISSION PASSES *BOTTOMLESS BRUNCH*BRUNCH MENU AVAILABLE TIL 5PM $40 PREFIXED MENU WITH 1 HOURS UNLIMITED BELINIS & MIMOSAS BRUNCH MENU *EGGS BACON & HOME FRIES *WAFFLES *CHICKEN WINGS * MAC & CHEESE * SLIDERS& MORE ASSORTED FLAVOR HOOKAH AVAILABLE MUSIC BY DJ SHOWCRIME + K- Leel BOTTLE PACKAGES PRE ORDER(LITERS)ALL TAXES & TIPS INCLUDEDSpecials Starting at 2 PREMIUM BOTTLES $400 BIRTHDAYS BOTTLES are Free.. contact us for more info